More Success in Long Course Nationals
March 1 2014: Dublin Swimming Club swimmers got brilliant results in Limerick, with every Dublin swimmer getting one or more medals. We had a mix of 'novices' - some doing their first galas in 30 or 35 years - and more seasoned swimmers. The final tally was 7 Golds, 5 Silvers, 9 Bronze and 4 Leinster records! Well done all.
Club EGM February 26, 2014
We look forward to seeing members at our upcoming EGM. Comments / suggestions on the draft constitution can be accepted up to February 20, 2014. If you are a paid up member and have not yet seen the doc, email us through the 'Contact Us' section of this website for your copy and likewise with any comments. The current constitution is, perhaps twenty or more years in use, so we are seeking to have a more up to date version, largely based on the sample version provided to clubs by Swim Ireland.
What are Your 2014 New Year's Resolutions? Here's a few ideas:
- Take part in an open water race, we are an island nation, so make the most of it.
- Do your first Liffey Swim - Ireland's most iconic swimming race.
- For those who were competitive swimmers as youngsters - get back into swimming training and get your swimming mojo back.
- In training, practice bilateral breathing, do more tumble-turns.
- Do a gala, try to get your times to within 10% of what you achieved as a teen.
- Join Dublin Swimming Club :)
Our Facebook Page is Six Months Young
Our Facebook Page is now six months young. There has been lots of activity. We are now up to 129 likes. Can we get to one for every year of the club - i.e 132 by year end? Click here for our page.
21 members attended the 2012/13 AGM at Sportsco. Many thanks to Mark and Ellen who have stepped down from the committee after many years of great service. We welcome new committee members Roisin Kelly and Michael McInerney. Our new Patron is Gay Maloney and Vice President is Anne-Marie Bourke. Congrats also to the recipients of the Captain's Prizes - Tony Hickey and Mairead Cashman. Shauna Conway was named as Young Swimmer of the Year while Claire O'Dwyer was overall Swimmer of the Year. You can read some of the reports from the night below.