The What, Why and How of Open Water Swimming
Join our Channel swimmer and others for an interesting hour or so of swimming stories and top tips.
- Swimming the Channel and Winning the Liffey Swim - My Story
- Events in Dublin and elsewhere, dealing with cold water, top tips for races, training for open water
- A personal perspective after two open water seasons
- Q&A: Ask all the questions you ever wanted. We will also look at dates of upcoming open water practice swims in June.
- Charles Harper - 2007 Liffey Swim winner and Channel swimmer
- Niall O'Sullivan - President, Dublin Swimming Club
- Una Ryan - Club Captain, Dublin Swimming Club
Who Should Attend? If you swam competitively in years past, do triathlons or have an ambition to ever do the Liffey, this event is for you!
Where? The Great Outdoors shop – they have two near Graftion St, exact location tbc
When? Tuesday, April 8. Time tbc
Note: A second presentation may be held on April 10, depending on demand
To book, go to – http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/events.php?id=197
Dublin Swimming Club is Ireland’s oldest swimming club and was established at a meeting that took place 20 yards away from The Great Outdoors store in 1881 - in what is now Dunnes Stores on Grafton St.
Postscript: Thank yo to the 53 people who signed up to attend. The powerpoint presentation, complete with links to race videos and more is now here.
More Success in Long Course Nationals
March 1 2014: Dublin Swimming Club swimmers got brilliant results in Limerick, with every Dublin swimmer getting one or more medals. We had a mix of 'novices' - some doing their first galas in 30 or 35 years - and more seasoned swimmers. The final tally was 7 Golds, 5 Silvers, 9 Bronze and 4 Leinster records! Well done all.
Club EGM February 26, 2014
We look forward to seeing members at our upcoming EGM. Comments / suggestions on the draft constitution can be accepted up to February 20, 2014. If you are a paid up member and have not yet seen the doc, email us through the 'Contact Us' section of this website for your copy and likewise with any comments. The current constitution is, perhaps twenty or more years in use, so we are seeking to have a more up to date version, largely based on the sample version provided to clubs by Swim Ireland.