More Success in Long Course Nationals
March 1 2014: Dublin Swimming Club swimmers got brilliant results in Limerick, with every Dublin swimmer getting one or more medals. We had a mix of 'novices' - some doing their first galas in 30 or 35 years - and more seasoned swimmers. The final tally was 7 Golds, 5 Silvers, 9 Bronze and 4 Leinster records! Well done all.
Club EGM February 26, 2014
We look forward to seeing members at our upcoming EGM. Comments / suggestions on the draft constitution can be accepted up to February 20, 2014. If you are a paid up member and have not yet seen the doc, email us through the 'Contact Us' section of this website for your copy and likewise with any comments. The current constitution is, perhaps twenty or more years in use, so we are seeking to have a more up to date version, largely based on the sample version provided to clubs by Swim Ireland.
What are Your 2014 New Year's Resolutions? Here's a few ideas:
- Take part in an open water race, we are an island nation, so make the most of it.
- Do your first Liffey Swim - Ireland's most iconic swimming race.
- For those who were competitive swimmers as youngsters - get back into swimming training and get your swimming mojo back.
- In training, practice bilateral breathing, do more tumble-turns.
- Do a gala, try to get your times to within 10% of what you achieved as a teen.
- Join Dublin Swimming Club :)